• Creativity and Innovation:

Many people like stable environment. They even think why we have to change, change brings so many challenges, why we have to put ourselves into the hell?

Definitely, the changes really bring challenges, but who can say all challenges are bad?

“Steve Jobs”, yes, almost everyone talk about Creativity and Innovation will refer him, why he can be famous? He do not afraid to change, he and his friends want to bring some new things to this world.

In week one, I didn’t realize my life style. The result shows that I wasted a lot of time, however, I did not know this lifestyle will bring negative influence to me.

After I passed the second week, I made a little change and keep a habit, I set a goal that I had to increase studding time, and it worked, and the habit, I had to do meditation every day, it succeeds, too.

This result makes me feel positive, I realize manage time is an important thing, also set a goal is.

This semester we have done our research outline, our group’s topic is domestic violence, so we think domestic violence, women and education would be a good research topic.

In my pro/con outline research I noticed that education really bring a big effect to people, education can let women avoid IPV (intimate partner violence), the article noted that if women got an education, they can have more opportunities to meetthe man also have education, education not only can protect women, it also can let men know they cannot use their body advantage to bulling women.

I was nervous and embarrassed when I first met my group members, I even think about if they cannot understand what I was talkingabout. But I knew that I thought too much when we had discussed. I tried to understand their thoughts, if I had questions, I would say them, and figured out. I learned a lot of this group project, compared to my country, it was a little different. Maybe language bringsme different feel.

• Intercultural awareness

I want to learn what kind of things Canadians do, so I joined school’ activities, and I went to fitness centre to observe people.

When I used the KPU research database, I followed professor’s step, first I typed “psycinfo”, then I could start to find article. This database had a lot of papers and articles, and also let me know a lot of knowledge and research.

• Social justice

a) Cultural aspects of time and aging:

https://courses.kpu.ca/pluginfile.php/1221378/mod_resource/content/1/helman.pdf

This is an interesting article for me. It makes me remember I have seen a comic book, it talks about time is black water, If someone touches the water, he or she will get older. This kind of like the first paragraph he writes, time is different for everyone. The article has many comparisons, when he told about Monochronic, it also uses Polychronic to be compared, Monochronic let people more easy to get heart disease, Polychronic did not care about minutes, hours, days, and it is multitasking, in addition to this, he also told about many different times, like “Social relationship time”, “Symbolic rebirths”, and “Developmental time”, “It also defines at what age people are considered to be old.”
Here is a Chinese proverb, an old people in the house, that means the house got a treasure. The old people got many experience, it means most roads they walk, they know where has a snake, where has trap, but if life gets longer, the society will become an aged society, then the government must think about pension and nurses. It is good for extended life, but it still has many problems to solve.

b) The most important thing is, after the class, we already read 5 articles, if  this class does not requirestudentsto do this assignment, studentswill not take the initiative to read articles because there were too many words. These articles give me deeper thinking, I noticed many things I ignored before.

• Numeric and Scientific literacy

(domestic violence)

This outline was not perfect actually, I still have a lot of things to learn, like grammar, writing style, and content.

• Collaboration and Team work

For the beginning of usprepare group project, we cannot reach agreement of the subject, we even told about different things, after we knew we have a contradiction, we discussed a lot, and made sure every members have got the same idea, whatever any people, they will have different site about one thing, the most important is how to resolve problems.

• Civic, Ethical and Professional Responsibility
  1. I value life, balance, passion and financial security because if you do not have passion for the job, it will be painful, and if there was no financial security, you can do nothing you want to do. Personally, I think a job can bring happiness to people also important.
  2. GPM, “Where you are”

I was confused about the future, although I am twenty years old. After I went back to Taiwan, I will be an intern, I always think does being an intern has meanings? I also do not know what career I can choose, I still find an answer. I learned a lot of doing GPM, it lets me know how much time I waste, how to manage my time, it is important because people usually muddle along.

“Where you want to go”

I want to have ability to repay my parents, and all people who have helped me before, it is not easy to grow up without these people, and I hope I have passion for my jobs, I can bear many jobs to do, but I can not bear it was boring.

There have three things I have to contribute to my preferred future, first is manage time, second is set a short term goal and long term goal, third is trying various jobs.

“How to get there”

I like art and psychology, I choose these two class cause knowledge is based on basic, these two are beginner lessons, any academic or theory is based on strong basic.
ARTS 1100 will teach basic painting skills and perspectives. PSYC 1100 will talk about psychology history, it is important to let students know why psychology appeared.
In the future, I hope job can combine with my interests, I think art is a little like psychology, if the job can combine with art and psychology that would be nice.
The weakness is there is no marketing, marketing can let more people know about me. Maybe take three courses a week, or go to learning centre. If I still want to find the potential, or other interests, ask professor can I listen the class, and go to the library to read related books. Otherwise, I can go to find a part-time job, or be an intern.

3.  Extension learning assignment

mind-map